Urgent vs. Emergency Care
The emergency room was created to treat life-threatening emergencies. There are many people who use the ER as urgent care without realizing it.
If you are unsure if you should visit the ER or an urgent care, call us at (561) 263-7010.
These are just a few of the conditions and symptoms that qualify as medical emergencies:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Sudden or severe pain
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or changes in vision
- Difficulty speaking, altered mental status of confusion
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Serious burns
- Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy
Learn the Difference of Urgent Care vs. Emergency Care
Drs. David S. Gibbons and Michael Collins talk about how Urgent Care services differ from Emergency Care service. Information and care provided by Jupiter's leading medical team at Jupiter Medical Center Hospital Emergency Department and Urgent Care.